Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My First Blog-- Why I am doing this

So, I'll be 40 soon and yep, I consider that to be middle-aged. Some may think this is a little too old for middle-age and others may see this as being too young. I really don't think I would make for a happy 80 year old. Really-- at the young tender age of 39, I am impatient and can be cantankerous. I hear these sorts of things get worse with age. Lord help my children is all I can say. If I am still around at 80, they'll probably be as happy as they are now (what 7th grader is EVER happy?? and the 11th grader is convinced that I am his mom just to nag him). Anyway, a lot has happened in my almost 40 years of life that I think others can benefit from. I have been fortunate to have some really great friends and some really bad friends. I've had opportunities to handle terrible circumstances with grace and dignity and have also failed miserably at dealing with some circumstances. So, I am hoping to take the life's lessons that I've learned and continue to learn and explore them through writing.

I think this blogging thing may help me achieve some balance in my life that has been missing for sometime now. Through the process of writing, I can think, reflect and share. I enjoy writing but it has been a really long time since I have written for just ME and I want to take that back. I hope you'll feel free to comment and share your experiences as you wish! I love learning about other people and this is your invitation to join me in my journey.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Melony! I, too, have recently discovered the wonders of writing just for oneself, and it is fabulous. Here's to a more balanced you! :-)

    ReplyDelete